31st of March is fast approaching so we’re arriving at the end of the financial year which means that we have now reached the end of Year 2. Taken together Years 1 and 2 have been quite successful and we’ve allocated all but £310 of our allocated sum – this can go to cover some of our costs for the next two years. The projects have ranged from Street Parties for the Queen’s Jubilee to Football Training for some of the local young people.
What next for the Panel? Firstly we have to wait to see if our Plan for Years 3 and 4 is approved. As this will probably not happen before May there’s plenty of time to ask people about the sort of things they would like to promote for the ward. We need to put more emphasis on activities for young people and the environment this next year so talking to Youth Groups and Friends of Parks will be helpful.
Whilst the amount of money we have to distribute is not large it can provide a seed fund to help to get things off the ground. A few hundred pounds with advice on other funding streams can lead to projects that have real sustainability and do a lot to make West Green a better place to live.
- Final Year Fundings Agreed. July 8, 2014So far this year the panel have agreed further funding for CD60+ and Art in the Park. In addition we have agreed to fund The Tottenham Flower and Produce Show to be held in Lordship Rec in September. There have … Continue reading →westgreencf
- Recent fundings agreed. July 8, 2014Turnpike Arts Group: CD60+; the Church on the Farm. Looking forward to receiving applications from Kori and any others that come along for this final year.westgreencf
- Update to Panel Membership. July 8, 2014Since the last posting Stephen Whittle has joined the panel. He has a vast experience of West Green, having lived there for most of his life and is a welcome addition.westgreencf
- Funding for 2013/14 June 7, 2013Pleased to announce that we now have our funding for this financial year. There will be a meeting later this month (June) to start the process of looking at new applications.westgreencf
- End of Term Report March 24, 201331st of March is fast approaching so we’re arriving at the end of the financial year which means that we have now reached the end of Year 2. Taken together Years 1 and 2 have been quite successful and we’ve … Continue reading →westgreencf
- Progress to date? February 10, 2013Just having been at a very interesting presentation from CDF I’ve realised where this Blog has gone wrong so this is my attempt to rectify my errors. At present the West Green Panel has five members – Councillor Tony Mallett, … Continue reading →westgreencf
- First of the Year. January 12, 2013The Financial Year Two is drawing to a close and we still have some money left over. We’ve approved three submissions so far and still have money left.westgreencf
- Thursday Meeting September 21, 2012A very successful meeting. A good presentation from Creative Dance 60+ – they really are very enthusiastic and motivated. We’ve decided that they are well worth backing so their proposal will be sent off to the Community Development Foundation with … Continue reading →westgreencf
- ‘New’ (Academic) Year – New Funding Proposals. September 18, 2012The Panel are having their first meeting of the ‘new’ year on Thursday, 20th September where we will be looking at a proposal from CD60+. The Community Development Foundation (CDF) are now looking for a plan from the Panel to … Continue reading →westgreencf
- Round-up. July 28, 2012Just to finish off the Panel’s first year’s work – the following bids were recommended for funding to CDF. There were two Jubilee Street Party bids – one from the Milton/Willow and West Green Road Community Association and the other … Continue reading →westgreencf
- Final Year Fundings Agreed. July 8, 2014